Sunday, August 15, 2010

Miscellaneous Pictures

I took this picture last Thursday night. I thought the clouds looked so beautiful and I'm pleased that this picture turned out this well. This certainly has been an interesting summer weatherwise and we've had some good photo op's. A few nights ago, I made Dan get up at night to look at this huge white cumulonimbus passing by, it was just glowing and gorgeous. I knew I couldn't take a decent night picture of it so you'll just have to take my word for it.
My window box has become rather bizarre looking. I actually have some flowers(impatiens) tucked in there but the coleus squeezed it out. The ivy is taking on a mind of its own as well. Kris, this is the ivy that you shared with me earlier this summer. I plan to transplant some to take in over the winter.
Here's a photo of my best looking annual grass. It's a plant that you get a lot of mileage out of because in the fall and winter it looks great too. I'll post another shot of this pot in December and you will see what I mean.
My favorite hostas are blooming right now. These are the ones that I stole when they were building the new house 2 doors down 5 years ago. Actually I rescued them as they pulled the trailer house away and I knew there were nice hostas there so I dug some up and later when it became obvious that they didn't care about them I took the rest. They have nice white fragrant blooms, almost like a lily. They were driving all over them so it really was a rescue.
I made buttermilk/blueberry scones last week and they actually turned out quite well. I threw some in the freezer to save for the Deegans next weekend.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I have a recipe for scones that has buttermilk also. I love it because the buttermilk makes them so tender. Sometimes I add white chocolate chips and then dust them with powdered sugar and broil them just enough to lightly brown the sugar...SO GOOD.

Some day we should have doughnut making day with Kris-grandma's recipe!

Anonymous said...

Those scones look so good! Ann

Anonymous said...

YUM! Looking forward to them!