Tuesday, August 31, 2010

House Wren

Good Morning! Just a few minutes ago, I noticed this house wren looking for bugs on our deck. He stayed and stayed until I thought I might be able to get my camera and snap a few pictures before he leaves and here are the results. Most were blurry but these turned out, especially after I cropped them.
After 4 days of heat and wind, it felt great to get a good rain last night. It looks like we got around 1 1/2 inches, maybe more. My poor plants were desperate for it.
I have some other things to post but Dan is working from home and I have received fair warning to get off the computer! I think it will be a good day for cleaning house. Have a good day whatever you are doing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good pictures! The other day when I was by my flowers a hummingbird came. I could have touched it. Of course I did not have my camera. It would have been a great picture. Ann

Karen said...

Laurie: do you have special lens on your camera or just the one that came with it? I think I want a new 18-135 lens for my Nikon d40. Last weekend I took pictures for a friend's parents anniversary party. Another young man there had a cannon camera with that lens that had image stabilizer and a uv filter. The image was so crisp looking through the view finder.

Guessing you won't respond to this until Dan is done with HIS work. Thank goodness Jeffrey has his own computer in the shop.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,
I have the lens that came with it. It does have a stabilizer, not sure about the filter. I've had it about a year and I'm still learning how to use it! A super zoom lens would really be fun! Spendy though.
Laurie

Anonymous said...

Isn't that a neat thing to have them just inches from you Ann? I've been trying to keep my feeders full because I know they'll be leaving in a few weeks and they'll need lots of energy. Kind of sad. Hard to believe it will be September in 45 mn. Better get to bed!
Laurie