Monday, August 23, 2010

Worth the wait!

THIS is what I've been waiting all summer for....garden tomato & basil sandwiches!! A plate for Dan and a plate for me. So good.
Emily brought me this cute little hostess basket full of her garden produce a month ago and now it's holding herbs on the counter. All of my garden tomatoes are from Jan, thank you!! I sent some home with the Deegans and we ate a bunch on Saturday too. I still have a couple left.
Here's what the other side of my counter looked like! Just keeping it real.

3 comments:

Karen said...

The keeping it real comment made me chuckle. I really have to make myself a tomato sandwich for lunch-YUM!

Anonymous said...

I liked seeing the other side of the counter. It made me feel better about life. Ann

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you two liked that. Sometimes I feel bad when I post a picture that looks all neat and tidy and everything around it is a mess. I always say that I need to have people visit so that I can get some cleaning done. Otherwise I let it slide......
Laurie