Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Ahhhh....summer!

It's my first official day of summer vacation and it's promising to be a gorgeous day! I woke up at the crack of dawn (5:20!) and decided to just get up and enjoy an early start to the day. I have so much to do today this allowed me some nice lounging-coffee-Today show time. There are flowers very patiently waiting to be placed in their pots, grass is growing like crazy and the grass growing around my borders is going to seed, very terrible, but I hope to fix that today. Monday was a teacher workday and we could leave early afternoon if we were finished. Well, I'm not totally finished, but Mom had the day off and was willing to help me paint, so I left at lunch and boy did we get a lot of painting done. It felt good to cover up that white primer with the green that I finally picked out. Mom is a great painter and with her encouragement we kept at it longer than I would have done on my own. Later this morning, I'm getting highlights and a cut, a bob I think. Then back home for some planting and yardwork, then back to school to finish up my room, officially check out and then help spread mulch in the school bird sanctuary. Someone is grilling for us afterwards so that will be nice. Then, back down to the cabin to see what Al has been working on in the kitchen and maybe I'll have him put up a couple of window boxes too. Today, the roofers might be able to tackle half the main cabin roof. It's been two weeks of rain preventing them from this! I can't wait to see more of the red shingles up. Dan comes home tonight, can't wait for him to see all the green paint. Have a wonderful day! Laurie

2 comments:

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

I really enjoyed reading your blog! You are so lucky to have finished for summer! I am a teacher in the U.K. and we have another 7 weeks to go!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have been very busy.We celebrated ouranniversary Wed. We went out with two couples and had ribs.We celebrated birthday's also. Do you know the teacher from U.K.? I have weeded my garden and harvested some radishes.My flowers are doing well.