Monday, June 25, 2007

The Pergola is up!!

The pergola went up today. I helped Bruce and Lyle design it as we went along.
Here it is in progress, almost finished.
All done! Lyle and Bruce are finished here the summer and ready to move on to the next project. They are just awesome. The pergola needs about a month to cure before it can be painted and that's okay with me! I painted the ceiling in the last bedroom this afternoon so I've had my fill of painting today anyway. I just downloaded a bunch of NYC pictures. I'll post them later when I have more time to write. I've been enjoying Nate Berkus on Oprah today during my break, almost time to head back down to the cabin.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pergola looks great! I can imagine lots of plants hanging from it. Welcome back. Hope you had a great time in NYC. Ann

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful.We saw some of these on the Garden Tour in Fairmont on Sat.Sometimes they had grapevines growing on them. The tour was a benefit for an autistic child and his family. We saw some very beautiful gardens. Also saw my friend from Fairmont and her twin sister.My friend stood up for me when I got married.Anxiously waiting for your NYC pictures.

Unknown said...

Looks great Laurie! You should be able to have some great things growing there soon!

the tattered nest said...

the pergola turned out great... I saw the pictures of it and I had to share them with my family, our cabin is set up very similar to yours and I think a pergola would be beautiful! thanks for inspiring me!now ,if I can get my family on board! and also thanks for your kind comments on my blog...take care,Gail

the tattered nest said...

p.s. what kind of wood did you use? (my husband wants to know) and how far out did you go from your cabin? thanks!