Saturday, June 16, 2007

Back in time....


I just wanted to give you a visual reminder of what the kitchen used to look like. Al finished the crown molding on Thurs. night. It's kind of fun to look back and see the changes. We've or I should say I've spent quite a bit of time down there in the last few days. Mom helped me prime in the second bedroom and did lots of taping too. Today, I put the first coat of yellow paint in the bedroom, touched up the nail holes in the kitchen, transplanted perennials, mowed the lawn and did general clean-up outside. Where was Dan you might ask? He had a baseball game, just got home a few mn ago, lost to Sebeka. To give him a tiny bit of credit he did pick up the groceries I asked for in Battle Lake. Guess he and Greg barely got there before closing. I'm sure he'll tell you the story sometime.
We are going to have some family here on Sunday. Hopefully, the weather will be good. Today was wonderful, very nice and calm. I hope we can take the boat out tomorrow.

3 comments:

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

Wow-I love the kitchen-it's fabulous!! The whole cabin is lovely!! We have another 5 weeks until our summer holiday, then we have 6 weeks holiday! How long a summer holiday do you get? I'm intrigued to know the differences between our education systems! Throughout the school-year, we have a total of 13 weeks holiday-is that about what you get? Do you also have Government inspectors in all the time grading your teaching?- we do!!

the tattered nest said...

the kitchen looks great! love the black board...you work so hard. Have a nice Father's day!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice time yesterday. It was fun to see the cabin as a finished project. Thanks for the great food and the boat ride. It was also great to see your sister and Sophie and Joey. Ann