Saturday, May 3, 2008

Grilling Steak

Tonight we grilled T-bones and I used Mike Halloran's technique that he learned from a friend who owned a restaurant.  Coat your steaks in olive oil before grilling to seal in the flavor and keep it tender.  After oiling, I added the normal seasonings and we thought they turned out great.  Dad's Angus steaks are always great however.  Try it sometime and see what you think!

My day was productive at the Bargain Bazaar. I spent time pricing jewelry, organizing linens and then a couple hours organizing books.  It was busy as there were some big events going on at local churches.  I managed to find a few treasures....cute shoes and a beach cover up for Gracie, 2 white embroidered trimmed pillowcases, books for my first grade classroom, some vintage jewelry, and  a cute T-shirt.  I also brought in jeans, bowls, hat and vases so I'm even.

The sun was shining all day but the wind was cold & brisk so I did very little outside this afternoon and I'm really getting antsy for that.  Everyone is posting days left of school so I counted mine and I have 17 1/2.  That's with the April snow day that they made us make up, one lousy snow day!

1 comment:

Danette Fettig Halloran said...

Hi Laurie, I sure hope the weather warms-up for you soon. I am just loving the warm weather down here. Our pool will be ready for swimming this weekend. I have to tell you agin how much I LOVE the microfiber cloths you gave me. They have made cleaning my stove top a breeze. Thank you!