Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Belated Mother's Day

I had this picture ready for a Mother's Day post and then forgot to use it!  So,  I hope all of you moms out there and especially Darlene and Lorraine had a lovely day.   Wasn't the weather the best on Sunday?!  On Saturday, Mom and I spent a rainy morning checking out some rummage sales and found some fun items.  After lunch, we split up and I picked up some plants and visited a few favorite shops downtown before I headed home.  It was fun to get some herbs and flowers into pots on Sunday but not so fun on Monday night when I had to cover them up for fear of frost.  Tonight it will dip down to mid thirties too so I covered again.  I'm getting a little tired of it already.  Tomorrow sounds nice and that is good as we have an outdoor field trip in the afternoon.   

1 comment:

Danette Fettig Halloran said...

Hi laurie, What a gorgeous photo. I really like it. Thanks for your b-day wishes. You actually had the day right (I posted the photo after midnight.) I also agree with you that blogs are such a fun way to keep in touch. A friend of mine is hosting a "start your blog" party next week at her house and I am going to help everyone get set up. They just have to bring their laptops, uploaded videos and photos and some wine. It will be fun. Istn't that a great idea for a party? Thanks again for sharing Dan with Mike. Mike said tonight that is has had such a great time having Dan with him on this trip. What GREAT friends you are! Love, D.