Saturday, May 3, 2008

Happy May!

May sounds better doesn't it?  Typically in May, I have purchased a bunch of pansies or other hardy flowers to put out in pots but the greenhouses haven't even set up their tents this year!   It is so depressing and now I feel like every cold day is stealing away from this summer, it goes fast enough the way it is.  Anyway, I don't mean to write a depressing post so I will stop there.

  For some reason, probably all the birds singing, I awoke at the crack of dawn on a Saturday morning. So, it's 7:30 and I've already cleaned the kitchen, made coffee and a little ebay research.  I have a cool old deck of cards I'm wondering about.  Today, I am signed up to work a whole day at the Bargain Bazaar, 10-3.   Shirley will be working too so we'll have a good time.  She is so funny, in her teacher profile that was in this week's paper she wrote that teaching and the Bargain Bazaar were her passions.  I recruited her to the Auxiliary so I'm glad she's enjoying  it that much.

Has anyone picked up microfiber at Target?  Nobody commented on that post so maybe not, but I have another use for you.  I've been using it on my face this week and it cleans so well and is very gentle. I always have make up residue it seems and with the mf cloth, nothing.  My face also feels very smooth and clean.  For guys that don't like to wash their face, you don't even need cleanser, just water and the cloth.  It would be great for teenage skin as the fibers do a great job removing oil deep into your pores.

 I might find some treasures to post today.  Jen & Nancy, I picked up the book "Sacred Hoops."  It's a bestseller about basketball.  Do David or Eric have it already?  
Have a great Saturday!!

4 comments:

Shari said...

I woke up early as well today! It's a cool, windy day here. Yesterday was a rainy, cold windy day. I guess this is an improvement. I'm hoping for a nice summer too. 18 days of school left!

Anonymous said...

22 days left for us, we've only been up since 8 and talked to Jimmer in Iraq this morning. The flower tents are up at Cub down here, but I haven't checked them out yet.
SS

jen said...

13 days of school left for me:) I think Eric does have the book "Sacred Hoops." I believe someone recommended it to him when he first began coaching here. Eric is taking the girls to Prom this evening. Fun, fun...

Anonymous said...

23 days for me. David also has Sacred Hoops. I even read part of it. I'll take it if you don't want it; I have a shelf of books that kids borrow. Ran a 5K at the Arboretum- beatiful but very challenging run because of the steep hills. A nice way to start a Sunday. Bird woke me up at 6 am, but I stayed in bed until after 7. Nancy