Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Good news, I think

Dan had his left hand x-rayed this morning as it was quite swollen and discolored after Sunday's flip during the baseball game. The results were that it is a severe sprain and no break and Dan takes this to mean that he is cleared for Thursday's game. Hmmmmmm.

The last two screen doors arrived at Home Depot so I picked them up today while waiting for Dan's appointment. Two have already been installed in the screen porch at the house and bunkhouse in the cabin. They made a bigger difference than I anticipated and they don't need to be painted as they are white vinyl, yeah!!!

I am watching season 1 of Glee and I LOVE it! Sorry, that I've had it so long Shelly, but at the rate I've been watching, I will finish by tomorrow evening. I have book club tomorrow for Sarah's Key in the afternoon but when I get home I will resume watching. I thought it was kind of a kid series but I was mistaken. :) I enjoy the music as much as the story-line.

So, the geese, I can talk about it today. They came back and made their deposits yesterday. I reinforced the fence line last night and bought some new posts today as I think they hopped over a saggy spot. So far, so good but if they come back, I may have to break down and buy a border collie. I am also considering getting a hunting license next fall.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We LOVE Glee. I also borrowed the first season from a friend and we were hooked.
Charice

Karen L said...

Get a license!

Anonymous said...

I think Jack could be trained to chase geese, and he'd be free except for the cost of dog food while you rent him in the spring! Or maybe we could just record him barking and play that back occasionally? He sounds much bigger than he really is! :)

aunnielee said...

Again, I laugh -- but it is laughter laced with compassion. Glad to hear Dan's not mortally wounded.

Laurie said...

Oh, Amanda-you are easily amused!!! I will be going down to mow soon and will see if my reinforced fence is holding the nasty creatures at bay. Imagine cat turds every foot or so. It's so disgusting but at least it doesn't smell as bad more like horse poop which I have never found that offensive. Aren't you glad to know these things?!

Anonymous said...

Get yourself a nice assortment of Bottle rockets now that fireworks are available. They work on any # of varmints around here. and I don't have to fire a gun. Simply place one in a beer bottle, light up and aim for water. I bet they would clear out for you. By the way, you have to drink the beer first, That also helps you to not be so bothered by them. :-) Kris

Laurie said...

Hey Kris, that's what Greg A told me but he suggested firecrackers without the beer drinking. I would LOVE to shoot bottle rockets at them but I have no idea when they graze and have yet to see an actual bird in the yard. I did ask Junior to keep an eye out. Would you like to hang out with me one morning and we'll spy from inside the cabin and then run out shooting rockets? That would be very amusing. I did mow this evening and....no new poop!!! Geese 4 Laurie 7