Saturday, June 19, 2010

Tornado Damage

Here are two of the pictures Royce sent that show the tornado damage from Thursday night. In the picture above you can see the chimney laying on the ground. They actually saw it fly off. It must have been a terrifying experience and I feel so bad that they had to go through it. Royce said they had the kids and Ollie below the stairwell which is in the interior of their first level. Thankfully, they were not hurt but they do have a big mess and lost most of their big trees. The shop was also damaged.
There is a boat, trailer and 4 wheeler under this pile. They will find out how they fared today. I called Royce this morning and they have a large crew of people helping so he told us not to come up today. Mom and Dad are going up this morning. I will give you an update later of their progress. I am heading to work at the Bargain Bazaar today-they close at 2 so it's a short day. Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Karen L said...

The destruction is awful. I can't imagine having to deal with that but I guess if you get dealt the blow you do!