Friday, January 2, 2009

Another storm???

This is a current photo in our yard but not for long, another 5-10 inches is expected in the next 24 hours.  Our plan tomorrow was to meet at Nancy and Davids, with my parents, Royce and his family and attend David's game at the Target center but Mother Nature has once again stepped in and changed our plans.  We will shoot for another weekend.  
Our neighbor's daughter is getting married in Elbow on Saturday evening.  We were invited and since we will now be at home we might just run  in for the dance if the weather allows.  I feel bad for them.  I imagine there will be many people who planned to come that will not be able to attend.  
Here's a bird photo that you Jackson Bluejay fans might enjoy.  They were actually fighting over some old cat food and corn.  Bluejays are known to be scrappy bullies at the feeder.
This is Sandy Point Road which is a gravel road that leads to our house.  It looks more like a ski hill don't you think?  An advanced bunny hill perhaps?  
This is HWY 79 on the way to Elbow.  This was taken on Wed on my drive into town.  It looks like a wide snowmobile path.  

5 comments:

jen said...

We didn't make it to ice skating lessons this morning, so the girls are a little disappointed. It has been steadily snowing and we're supposed to get 2-4 inches.
I love the poncho you found-if you find another one-let me know. Hopefully, we can get shoveled out for the Christmas program tomorrow.
Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

Laurie, please tell me you pulled over to take your highway pictures or that Dan was driving. We were almost in a 4 car pileup on Christmas day a few years ago when the woman 2 cars in front of us decided she could take pictures and drive at the same time. Otherwise, tam and I might see you at the dance tonight if the weather permits. Kris

Laurie said...

There was nobody behind me so I just slowed way down and snapped the photo. I would never do that if other cars were anywhere near. Honestly! :)

jen said...

I just wanted to let you know that I saw a bluejay in our tree a few hours ago. I was pretty excited! We spent the morning taking down our Christmas decorations and tree. Courtney and I are baking some cookies this afternoon. We're actually trying the Andes mint cookies from Shari's blog. Thanks for the recipe, Shari!

Shari said...

Glad you liked them, Jen! I always assume that Laurie is the only person who reads my blog, so I'm happy to hear you found something useful on it.