Friday, January 23, 2009

Wintery Friday

We had beautiful hoarfrost a few days ago.
Sundogs are a common occurance these days.  You see them whenever it's terribly cold.  In the Ukraine they used to say "The sun has ears."  I read that in A Prairie Boy's Winter.
I meant to post this earlier but this is our outdoor Christmas decor.  The deer kept getting deeper in the snow and I had to keep pulling them out so we could actually see the lights.  
Today school started two hours late and we dismissed at 1:00!  I packed as much as I could into the two hours that I had my class.  But compared to last week, we did great this week.  4 full days and 2 hours-not bad!   We have temps of -3 or so and wind chills of close to 4o below.  That with the drifting snow is what caused our delay and late start.  I'm just glad that today counted as a full day and we won't have to make it up.

No comments: