Friday, January 16, 2009

Tami & Miscellaneous

Female Cardinal in our yard
Someone was "kiting" on our lake and we enjoyed watching them.  You strap yourself to a big kite and skis and let the wind take you away.   Doesn't that look like fun?
On Thursday, I ventured out only once and that was to snap this photo so that I could blog our temp that morning which was -32 and then I filled up the feeders for the poor little birds.  That kind of cold takes your breath away.  This morning was started on time and the temp was -18.  By the afternoon it was 0 but the windchill was making it feel much colder.
Here are the pictures I took of Tami with my class.  Tami, I sent them to you in a card on Thursday morning so you should get it by Sat or Monday at the latest.  You survived a brutal first week in the cities (I'm talking about the temps and traffic here) so now that you are settled down to work in Bloomington and warmer temps that should be a piece of cake.  Hope you are enjoying life!
It's cold in my room, Tami had to borrow a sweater.  Notice the kids in short sleeves, they are just hot blooded, I swear.

1 comment:

Martha said...

OH my gosh...it sure didn't get that cold here!! I was so thrilled that it was 4 degrees yesterday afternoon!