Friday, January 23, 2009

Good reads?

This winter, I  have a goal of three books per month.   Does anyone have any titles  that they would like to suggest?  I made my January goal already hope to start my 4th book this weekend.  I enjoyed the Amateur Marriage by Anne Tyler.
 I recently read the Hills of Tuscany which was okay but only  a 25 cent investment from the BB.  It's a true story about a couple's search for a home in Italy and their impression of the area.  If you enjoy long descriptions about food and scenery you might love this book.  100 reviews on Amazon gave it 4 1/2 stars out of 5, so many people did enjoy it.  You can borrow mine if you're interested. 
I plan to start a Maeve Binchy book Circle of Friends next.  It's a great weekend for reading since it's so cold again.  Wish the fireplace worked consistently! 

No comments: