Sunday, March 29, 2009

Did you know...

that fresh eggs are extremely difficult to peel when boiled?  I learned this the hard way. Use your older eggs and another tip I read recently is to put a little oil in your water when boiling, just a couple tsps.   Keep that in mind when you are making your Easter eggs and deviled eggs this summer.
that the tops of celery have the most flavor?  I used to cut them off and throw them away.  Now, I wash them and chop them up with the rest of the stalk.   Don't waste the best part.

1 comment:

Shari said...

Carly is the egg peeler at our house. We cooked some eggs on Saturday so she could color them. Yesterday she suggested that I make egg salad for Daddy and she'd peel the eggs. I hate peeling eggs so it works out well that I have a little girl who likes to do it for me. We had potato salad more often last summer because of my helper.