Tuesday, March 17, 2009

First Robin 2009

About 30 mn after my last post,  Dan and I spotted the first robin or two just across the road.  We ran into Ashby for dinner at Murphy's Pub.  We enjoyed a pint of green beer and I was impressed that Dan actually wore a green shirt to work today, one of my favorite springy plaid shirts.   Green looks nice on him.  Hope you enjoyed another spring like day!
Just a warning-
I looked back in my nature journal, which goes back 9  years, and most Aprils had snow, quite a few inches of snow.  But then three days later it would be 80 degrees-only in Mn!  Maybe we'll get lucky this year and miss the late snow.  We've had enough.
One more thing-
I think I saw a great blue heron on the way to Ashby, but I can't say for sure as it was a ways off.  Jan, have you seen one yet?  I miss comparing bird notes with you at school.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the photo!
Danette