Thursday, June 18, 2009

750!!!

I can't believe this my 750th post!  To those of you have been reading most of them-thank you so much for checking in and encouraging me to keep the blog going.  Many of you don't have time to comment but still let me know that you're checking in.  I've found that it is a nice way to stay connected and I wish everyone had time to keep a little blog of their own.  Facebook is another great tool and easier to use but the blog is a little more personal to me and definitely my favorite of the two.
Soon, I should have more garden pictures to post-things are really starting to grow in this moist, warm weather.  Here is my favorite color combo of pansies in one of my favorite pots-love that curly edge.  I spent a few days with Nancy and her family this week.  Her gardens are looking very good. All their hard work last year has really paid off.  We did a little shopping, ran the kids to all their summer courses, had lots of time for relaxing and visiting and even playing tennis!  Nancy has a nice tennis court within easy walking distance and decided to spend an afternoon relearning our skills.  Nancy didn't think she had played for 3 years and I know it was at least 10 for me.  We had a lot of fun-many good volleys and both want to play some more this summer. The kids were at a class in the same park and were surprised to see us there.  Dan picked me up after work and after nice dinner with the Floms we headed back home.   Our county was in a tornado warning and we were happy to see no evidence of wind in our yard as in hundreds of branches/sticks to pick up.
This morning, I am headed to a retirement brunch with Jan near Alex.  She's picking me up soon and the egg bake I made is ready to go. I used my mom's terrific recipe and it came out of the oven looking great-broccoli-ham & cheese.   After that, I need to get back into my classroom in Elbow and try to finish packing this afternoon.  I am very close and the janitors would like to start cleaning my room next week.  Dan and I are heading to Florida with the Clusiaus next week and I don't want cleaning and packing hanging over my head while I'm there.  I am getting very excited about that trip and spending time with Shari and her family.
I'd better get dressed for the party.  I'm wearing a new skirt that Nancy found for me at a consignment store and I LOVE it.   I think I will find excuses to wear it over and over again this summer.  I will post a picture later and you will see why.
Have a wonderful day! :) Laurie