Thursday, June 11, 2009

School/Summer

Not my patio~just a pretty one I found online.

I am still in transition between school and summer.   On Tuesday, Dan asked how many more days I have to keep going back to school?!   Until all my junk is packed up, my dear!!  Dan worked from home on Wed, so I decided to stay home and finish painting the bedroom and start planting window boxes and pots around the house.  The bedroom is 95% finished-yeah!  I did a little rearranging of furniture there too.  Will have to post another photo soon.

Today, we had another 5-6 team meeting in Barrett and yes...we get to have our desks!!!!  I took some pictures in my new classroom but then my camera went dead so I will post those later.  I have a huge room which is very good as it sounds like the 5th graders will need to be spaced VERY far apart.  Turns out there are many behavior issues in the upcoming 5th and there will be 28 of them, which probably doesn't sound very big to Shelly or David. :)  One thing that consoles me is that I was also told there were huge behaviors coming up in Kindergarten too.  Can you avoid it?  No, you can't.   You take what you get and do the best you can with them.  

So, I stopped back at my old classroom in Elbow and sorted pencils, pens, rubberbands, etc....... and then went through art supply drawers.  I won't be teaching art but will still integrate some of that I assume.  After a couple of hours, I called it quits and spent the rest of the afternoon planting flowers and dividing hostas which was pure pleasure after sorting through my desktop junk.  Kris, I took a close-up of the deep purple iris you gave me a few years ago.   I will post them in a few days-they are gorgeous!!!!!

Tomorrow, I am heading to Cyrus to join Mom and do some rummaging for Cyrus Days.  Last year, I found my Kitchen Aid mixer, what could top that??  Who knows?!  Of course, I will let you know if I find something good.  That's half the fun. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, 28 per class is about my average, but I do get a new selection every 52 minutes! I've got a file of art projects if you're interested in them, some easy and some more detailed. My peonies are opening up just beautifully, I'll send you a photo when I get a chance to download a few from the camera. Shelly

Shari said...

I'll be giving you a call to find out if you have any luck garage saling. Lots of people are setting up in Keewatin. Paul and I are having a smaller one. Our neighbors are having a huge one, so I'm sure a lot of people will zip over to our house too. If you need fishing stuff, you are in luck. If you have daughters a year or two younger than mine, you can get the clothes they have outgrown in the past couple of years. Otherwise my sale will be of no interest to you. I've made $12.50 from one person stopping by.

I look forward to seeing your classroom.