Sunday, August 23, 2009

Classroom Progress

I put in another 2 1/2 hours in my classroom this evening. This is one of two bulletin boards in my room. My desk is a couple of feet in front of the computer so I have a nice little work station here. I was VERY excited to see that the gray boards are magnetic!
I love this John Adams poster that the post office dropped off (among other items) for teachers to take. I nabbed it last spring, shortly after I found out I would be teaching language arts and social-the quote is perfect! The movie was great too! I haven't read the book but my mom loved it.
My goal today was to organize this shelf. There are no open bookshelves in my room so I have to use my counter space. I realize it's a bit busy but think it will be okay as there is almost 2 feet of counter open and I will keep the doors on the shelves clean too.
This is the science corner of my room. Live plants and my fish will live here under the skylight.
Another shot of the science corner.
Here's the student computer and part of the Mn corner. I will show that later when it's done. Jen, I am using the moose you made for me in my classroom. He looks great with the Mn stuff!
Here is the other bulletin board in my room. I covered it with an old atlas that was in bad shape. I got it (25 cents) rummaging in Hibbing on Saturday with Shari, Mom, & Carly. We had great luck-more on that later!

5 comments:

Danette Fettig Halloran said...

WOW, you have done so much with this room. I Love it! What lucky students to have you for their teacher!

Anonymous said...

Your room looks terrific! It really was a blank canvas when you started. You put a lot of time into that.

Shari

Shari said...

I would really like to have that John Adams poster. It's very cool of your post office to donate those items.

Jan said...

Your classroom looks wonderful!

Deanna Bland Hiott PhD, MSN, RN said...

Wow, that almost made me want to go back to school...wait a minute, I am back in school! This post probably explains why... beautiful memories of inviting classrooms and excited teachers.