Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dog Days of Summer

This week I am looking forward to doing little more than reading-I am woefully behind my goal of three books per month, or was it two? I am shocked to look at the calendar and see only 2 full weeks 'til workshops and then a one week reprieve until school officially begins on September 8. Don't get me wrong, I am excited to start a brand new school year in a brand new (to me) building, but the end of summer is always sad. Like EB White wrote in Charlotte's Web the crickets are chirping "Summer is gone, summer is gone, summer is dying-dying." Or something like that. Damn crickets.

I managed to finish reading Julie & Julia. I almost set the book down about a third of the way through but stuck with it and finished it today. Next, I am going to read My Life in France, which got rave reviews compared to Julie & Julia. Thank you, Shari, for lending me that. Next on my list is The Compassionate Carnivore and the author will be a guest speaker at our library in September. So, my goal is two books this week. Wish me luck. Have you read any good or bad books this summer that you would like to share on my blog? Please do! Happy reading and Happy Summer Days. Enjoy them to the end.

No comments: