Monday, August 3, 2009

Working at School

I'm posting from my new classroom right now. Just a taking a little break from unpacking and orgazinizing. My pile of boxes has really dwindled. My new box count is 65 unpacked and it looks like 11 to go. I plan to finish unpacking today and get back home in an hour or so. Dan saw my new classroom for the first time today and he thought it was great.

The fireplace guy will be here this afternoon to measure and make sure the one I want will fit. We're not using Heat & Glo this time, we're going with Cozy Heat, if you have heard of that. It beat H & G in every area I cared about and is about the same price. Thanks, Becky, for recommending Alex Brick & Stone.

We had a great weekend with Charice, Sean, Chris and his friend Alex. I have a few pic's from Inspiration Point that I plan to post when I find my batteries. I'd better get back to work. Have a great week, everyone!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Alex Brick & Stone. They don't even come close to Ellingsons. Hope you don't need service.

Anonymous said...

I think that Cozy Heat has a plant in Lakefield. They are a good company.

Laurie said...

I don't know who you are anonymous but the guy at Ellingson could barely tear himself away from his coworkers to come and help me out. He seemed fairly uninterested and it took about 5 mn for the fireplace to actually heat up. The flame from Kozy Heat is much more realistic and has more BTU's and it was warm in about 30 seconds. We have never been very happy with the the Heat & Glo that we got 10 years ago and the mini explosions are pretty scary. So those were my reasons. I have seen some beautiful fireplaces from H & G but not for inserts. In the future, if you are going to post on my blog, I would appreciate a name with your post.

Laurie said...

My post was directed at the first anonymous.

Anonymous said...

I emailed the Cozy Heat comment. You probably guessed that as we live just 13 miles east of Lakefield. Darlene

Laurie said...

I knew the second post was from you Darlene. :) I am thinking the first could be from Heat & Glo. The Pandora music website contacted me after I posted about their website so companies have their way of checking blog chatter.....