Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Random Pretty Photo & Thoughts

I did not take this picture-just a lovely one I found, must be from France-don't you think? My coworker showed me pictures from her dream trip to France today-she said she cried when she left. At least she made it there-very happy for her.

Last weekend, Mom and I had a very nice weekend in Keewatin. The weather was beautiful, Shari was cooking fresh garden produce for us and cheesecake, all town rummage sales in Hibbing, a tour of the neighbor's beautiful new home, dinner at a new Mexican restaurant, and time to relax and hang out. Ellen, I enjoyed our bike ride too! We had great luck rummaging-a wide variety of items such as many classroom books, a fish tank, tennis rackets, hang loose foam hands(Shari's), Hagar pottery, a gorgeous flouncy apron, figurines for Shari's classroom collection-including one in pink, and oh so much more. Fun stuff. Kept us busy all Sat morning. Plus, Shari picked up some free magazines that were fun to browse through sitting out on the deck that afternoon. I must add that Carly was a great rummager and found a few new purses and used her own rummage sale money-so proud!!

Remodeling Update-They are still shingling and probably another full day yet.

School News: Workshop Day 1 is over. Tomorrow, we head to Morris for meetings, speaker and grade level sharing. My group is carpooling and the driver needs to drop off items at S Army on the way home-don't mind that one bit-a nice way to end the day!

Final Item: I planted fall crop lettuce for the first time ever. I pulled the old stuff out of the long planters and sowed new seeds this evening. It was a gorgeous evening. I did my rough draft schedule sitting outside on the deck-much better than doing it in school.

1 comment:

Shari said...

Carly has good rummaging endurance for a 6 year old. She has used the sundae cups a couple times. It would be fun to come up with a bunch of them to use for class parties. You often see them at rummage sales and thrift shops.

It's windy, cool, and rainy here. It'll be more of the same tomorrow. I'm going to watch more episodes of "Wonderfalls" from Netflix. I might have to finish up my aprons too.