Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day One!

Our remodel began today. This is a picture of a HGTV Dreamhouse-am I expecting too much?!!!! We are doing a fairly small remodel in the grand scheme of remodeling but I am still overwhelmed by all the decisions. It's exciting to have it happen and very scary at the same time. Today, they started working on the roof as we are re-shingling and putting new gutters in. The window guy came and did the final measurements-that was VERY scary. Do you know how many choices there are for windows???? I'm just glad to be finished with that.

Tomorrow, the new fireplace will be installed and the floors will be measured in the living room, TV room, bedroom, future bath, laundry, and upstairs bedroom. It would have been nice to start this project a couple of weeks ago but we were waiting on the estimate so it coincides nicely with the beginning of a new school year. ;) In addition to packing and unpacking 76 boxes to date at school, I am now packing boxes at home. I'm not really complaining, it's just a temporary thing and will be worth it in the end.

We're going to turn the junkroom on the main level into a master bath and separate laundry room. No bathtub, but a tiled shower and two sinks!!!! No more spitting in Dan's shaving water. The space near our bedroom will be a big closet. All my crafts/Christmas/junk will move upstairs. I will take some pictures along the way and try to keep you up to date.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You caught my eye with the statement about not having a bathtub in the "new" bathroom.... does that mean a hot tub is on order for somewhere else at the house?? We've had separate sinks since we moved in here, 12 years now and I still have to share mine with one of the kids on occasion! Can't wait for posts of pictures!

Laurie said...

No hot tub for us, just a tiled shower, stool and double sinks. We have a tub that we rarely use in our current bathroom. I am excited about the built in bench the shower will have. Now if I could just pick a decorating plan for that room. I'm leaning towards natural/spa-like vs 1920's industrial with the black/white old fashioned tiles. Like I said, all the decisions are hard as we have to live with them and they are not cheap.

Danette Fettig Halloran said...

WOW, Can't wait to see the photos!