Thursday, July 30, 2009

Feeling Crafty

This summer I found the two clocks on the above shelf on two separate occasions. First I found the black face, which says Big Ben, and then for 75 cents at the BB I found the white one which said Little Ben. I think they make a cute pair. Big Ben is a little slow though.
I made two clipboards last night. This one is for Charice to use at school....
and this one is for me. It's a fun way to use your paper when you're not a scrapbooker. Nancy and I saw a nice booth at Art in the Park last weekend and it inspired us both. Shari has made quite a few of these too. You can do a simple one without collage too, just find a fun print you like and that's all you need.
I bought this last week at the Fergus Goodwill. It's nice and big and I like the frame. I might do a big collage and keep it at home or maybe use it at school as a blackboard. I'd just paint right over the picture and there is no glass anyway. You can also purchase cork and make a nice board that way too.
I made this a while ago, but it also shows a nice way to use your scrap paper or even wall paper from the books you can get for nothing. First I painted the frame, found a quote I liked and put it all together. You could incorporate a photo. It would make a very nice gift.