Thursday, July 16, 2009

Yard Shots


This is a geranium that I saved from last year. I saved the roots and stored them in a plastic bag, watered them once and brought them out in the spring. They're doing great-can't believe they made it because they looked dead when I took them out and thought I might as well put them in a pot and see what happens.
I love these baskets that I hang nice and low from the trees.
I took this photo so that I can share our vision with you. Center a patio door where the bay is and one or two tall windows on each side, about 18 inches further down than the current ones. The lumber yard is coming out tomorrow to measure and give us estimates. We're also pricing new gas fireplaces since our old one, which is 10 years old, now shuts off by itself and then erupts with a large boom if you don't shut it off manually first. Kinda scary!
I'm not a big yellow flower person but this was the last begonia in a clearance shed and I had to buy it for $2. I found this cute little tub in my dad's old grainery-way up in the top. I had to climb a little rusty ladder to get it but it was worth it. :) The chickadees and chipmunks like to eat the sunflower seeds from that stone perch. Probably a big raccoon too.

1 comment:

Anne said...

heyy friend. okay?
My name is Anne and I liked your Blog
I am from Brazil and I am looking for new friends!
when you can visit my blog.
kisses!

Ps. sorry if there were any errors in spelling!
I am foreign. I did a few years of English, but still does not compare with the spelling of you. rsrsrsrs