Monday, July 13, 2009

State Plates

Yes, Kris! I would love to come over to see your state plates!! Is Wednesday afternoon good? Shari has a couple of state plates, anyone else have a "collection" of more than one? I probably have 20 and Mn plates are my favorite of course. They are hard for me to resist when they are less than $1 and have a neat design or even just a neighbor state to Mn or a state I have visited. Many are down in the cabin and they work well there. Let me know if you'd like a certain state and I will keep my eye out. I don't expect many takers. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these too!

Anonymous said...

I have 2 Minnesota, 2 Wyoming, 1 Washington state, 1 Kansas,( which is so cool) and a Illinois. whoever wants them after Laurie goes thru them can have them. Also, is one of you girls collecting vintage Pyrex bowls? I came across the nested set of 4 (gold and white) just perfect condition for 3.00 at a garage sale. Who wants them? Laurie, I just love those quilts you pointed out to me today. My sister in law is so jealous. The grandmas garden pattern is my very favorite. Thanks, Kris

Laurie said...

I'm so glad you got them!!! Looking forward to coffee and pouring over your recent treasures!

Shari said...

I'll take the bowls, Kris!!! I have been picking up gold & white pyrex whenever I see it because it matches my kitchen. I put together a complete casserole set for less than $5.

I have a MN plate hanging above my oven. I picked it up at our local Goodwill for a couple bucks.

Anonymous said...

Shari, I will send the bowls with Laurie. Anything else I should be looking for? I love a good hunt. Kris

Shari said...

Thanks Kris! Today I stopped at Goodwill and found four of the coffee mugs that match the bowls. If you ever see a large white Pyrex bowl with green polka dots, buy it! That stupid bowl sells for over $50 on ebay. I have the other three that go with it, but since it wasn't part of the original set the green bowl is a lot harder to find. I would also love to find a set of plain pink mixing bowls. They are Pyrex and don't have handles. Nashwauk citywide garage sales are in a couple weeks.