Friday, December 31, 2010

Knitting/Happy 2011

Yes, you read right, knitting. I can do the basic stitch, thanks to my good friend Amanda. Because, I like short term projects, this one is perfect for me. I told Deb about my idea on Wednesday and thanks to the bad weather that kept me house-bound, I actually did it. I sewed a 6 stitch 7 1/2 inch wide border for the gloves and a yarn flower to accent. The knitted cuff can be worn up as shown or folded down. I'm in the process of another and thinking about trying fingerless gloves too. I plan to use them as gifts and we'll see how many I actually get made. If this weather keeps up, could be quite a few! Knitting is so relaxing and this project is a good way to use up your scraps too, for you expert knitters out there-I personally have no scraps. I got lazy and used my glue gun for the button-it worked great! The yarn for these gloves was a Goodwill find on Monday.

The snow began here (again) about 3pm, this photo actually made it look worse. We got about 10 inches yesterday, just a little rain for about an hour til 9am then snow ALL day long. Who knows what will happen tonight-guess we'll see when we get up. We're going out for our somewhat annual New Year's Eve walk soon, not on the lake, as we might drown in the snow. We enjoyed one of Royce's chickens, roasted with garlic, lemon and rosemary, yes, it smells pretty good in our house still. Happy Cozy New Years to all of you!! Love, Laurie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute gloves-I'm impressed!!!! Although, you never cease to amaze me!

Happy New Year!

Charice

Karen said...

Cute..tell me how you did the flower. Did you add the cuff to purchased gloves? I think I could handle that. My attention span for knitting is short. I never advanced beyond scarves and even then I had problems counting my stitches. My scarves ended up looking like a wave.

Laurie said...

Thanks Charice and Karen! Yes, I added the cuff to purchased 99 cent gloves. For the flower I just wrapped about 10 loops around two fingers and tied a knot in the middle and fluffed it out-super easy! If I can do it, so can you Karen! I used embroidery thread/needle to attach the cuff to the glove so it should be nice and secure.

Anonymous said...

Super cute Laurie! Great idea and great job! Deb

Anonymous said...

I like the picture with the snow falling. It looks like a snow globe. Ann