Sunday, January 23, 2011

Before & After Hutch

If you click on the photo's you can see the difference.
There's not a huge difference but I feel like this hutch no longer screams 1990's to me. It was white-washed pine and a few coats of paint covered up the knots. They might eventually bleed through but hopefully not. I don't miss those rusty knots. After the picture, I took the knick-knacks off again as the paint isn't ready for that. I think I'm going to do an overhaul of the inside too, maybe add some books and take out the red accents, more of a natural look I'm thinking. I'm happy with the way it turned out, it was a good day for this project. It is VERY windy over here, coming straight from the south where we're exposed. Hopefully the winds are bringing the warm south temp's.
We have a teacher's inservice tomorrow so there won't be a 2 hour delay. The year is officially half over. Kind of hard to believe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the hutch in white. so bright and clean looking. kind of ready for spring and to decorate with all the pastel naturals. today was indeed a windy one. went outside twice to pick eggs and that was enough. then the birds and squirrels laid some guilt on me and I went out with suet and ears of corn for them. now everobe should be happy. I am guessing we would be 2 hours late if there were school tommorrow..really am ready for this to be over. Kris

Anonymous said...

What a great job! You are right. When you click on the pictures you can really tell the difference. I definitely like the paint vs the whitewash. I think red accents in it would be nice. But, I am partial to red.

Karen said...

Yep...like the white so much better. Is the bird knick knack sitting on it one of those that Kris gave us last fall (that were from Grandpa Anderson)? I am going to bring my out again soon. Even if it is white and cold outside it can be just a bit springy inside.