Sunday, January 9, 2011

This thermos bag came from a rummage sale up in Hibbing two years ago. That day of rummaging was definitely in my top 5 of sale days. Shari, Mom, Carly and I had a very fun morning. There are two nice matching thermoses inside too!
Big Kitty enjoys birdwatching, in this case, it was a big red squirrel!
Annette gave me some fun bird pictures. Sets like these were used in schools in the 60's I'd guess. This one is my favorite and it fits perfectly in the matted SA frame I got for 90 cents the other day. The glass was cracked, which I didn't notice til I got home, so I will have to get that somewhere.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Thanks Laurie: I am going to do make a moss planter this spring. I love the idea. I am also thinking I need to take some time and rummage through the shop in EL. It looks like you are finding some neat stuff. Are they open on Saturdays?

Anonymous said...

Yes, they are 10-2 on Saturday, Tues-Friday 11-5. I've actually had my best luck in Fergus SA and Goodwill in the last few months. Trying to get rid of some things too, one bag last week, getting close to a second ready this week. I try to keep the flow of in and out fairly even, try is the keyword.

Anonymous said...

I don't know that we could have fit more stuff in the back of the Jeep that day. That was the day I got my Holly Hobby glasses - one of my favorite garage sale finds of all time. Your framed prints look nice.

Shari