Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Avocado Mask


Tonight I used an avocado in my lettuce salad and noticed there was still some very dark green pulp clinging to the skin. Instead of tossing it out, I was able to scoop out about a tablespoon that was moist and suitable for mask material. You don't need to waste an entire avocado for a mask. Last summer I had one that was beyond eating and it was WAY more than I needed. So back to my mask, I put the green pulp in my hand and added about 1/2 tsp of olive oil, squished it all together and then massaged it all over my face. I did use it on my eye area because it's supposed to reduce wrinkles, so why not. It is a mask for dry skin, perfect for winter skin. Even my normally oily skin is quite dry this winter. I could feel some tingling while it was drying and after about 20 mn removed it with warm water and a cloth. Apply toner if you have it and then your favorite moisturizer. Your skin will feel very soft and look great for a couple of days.

Click HERE to read about the healthy skin benefits of an avocado including information on making a mask and other stuff.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Was Dan home while your face was green? I can only imagine what Jeffrey would say to me. But...if it helps keep the wrinkles to a minimum I all for it.

Anonymous said...

Yep, he was gone, but he's used to a scary mask now and then. This one is pretty bad-like the monster from the green lagoon. I really think the results are worth it though. Next time I am going to try honey with it.