Sunday, January 9, 2011

Natural Decorating



The moss shown below was scraped from the oak trees here in October. Charice, I will be sure to get some to Sean this spring. Even if I have to send a bag with Dan to Mpls now that the three of you all work downtown. I could probably make a killing selling it in a little boutique down there. :)
These matted frames came from a half price box at the Fergus Salvation Army. I had to cut the backing off to take out the faded photographs that someone else once treasured. After the discount they were $1.20 each. I put two old Cavellini calendar pictures in the frames instead and I actually like how the frames are a little distressed. I know that the bottom one is sideways but I think it looks a little more interesting that way. I think they have a Pottery Barn look to them at a tiny fraction of the cost.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The moss is beautiful! I showed Sean and he is very excited!
Charice