Sunday, March 25, 2007

First Robin of 2007


I spotted my first robin on Friday, March 23rd at school outside our classroom window. The kids were excited and they had fun identifying the birds devouring the fruit tree just off to the side of our room. They were cedar waxwings and there were tons of them. The third graders let us use their classroom to view them as they were right in front of their window. I have a big wall of Mn birds in my classroom right now and lots of bird books. The fourth graders have actually been reading them and showing me birds that they've seen. In the morning, I've been setting out coloring pictures/information about the birds that are returning to Mn so they'll be able to identify them when they see them. We did the kingfisher the other day and they were amazed that we actually have those birds in Mn. They are pretty exotic looking I guess! This is a fun time of year for bird watchers.

No comments: