Monday, March 26, 2007

Summer Dreamin'

The kind of weather we had today is the kind that gets you thinking about setting up the porch and deck. Here's the deck from last summer. As long as the mosquitoes aren't out in force, it's one my favorite summer spots. We didn't get 80 here like the cities, but must have hit the mid 60's. By the time I got home from school it was only 55. We had a workshop today so it was a fairly easy day compared to teaching. A couple of co-workers and I took advantage of the nice weather and walked to get lunch. It was nice to get the fresh air and exercise.
On a gardening note, yesterday I saw evidence of the first perennial poking out of the ground. It was an Autumn Joy sedum on the south side of the house, one of my hardy stand-bys that seems to grow anywhere. I can't wait to get out there and start raking and poking around but it will be at least a couple of weeks....patience....patience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All of your pictures look so good.THey look like they came from Better Homes and Garden.Very Nice. Liked the notes about birds and the excitement of the students concerning birds. All's right with the world.