Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Bird Story and Quiz

Can you identify this bird? It's a little Red Breasted Nuthatch. We rarely see these birds in this area so it's a treat when they pop in now and then. The first time I ever saw them was when we were living in Morris. It was early winter and we had a pair frantically taking sunflower seeds from our kitchen window feeder and stashing them somewhere. We called them both Rusty. I could stand under the feeder and hold up my hand and they'd use my finger as a perch. It didn't bother them one bit. Later that winter we had a lot of snow plus a cold spell and one day I was so sad to see one of the little birds laying in the snow. Mn birds have a hard life in winter. Today in school, I was looking at a science website and came across these bird quizzes. Pick your level and try your luck. Just a hint, I was unable to pass the intermediate level...Joel S. could I'm sure. Beginner Intermediate Orinthologist

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got 66%.