Saturday, March 3, 2007

Snow Days



Like most schools in the state, we did not have school on Friday. We kept waiting for the wind and blizzard-like conditions but they never came. On Thursday, I finished reading Kite Runner for book club. It was an excellent book but quite sad. I rented Amelie from the library anticipating the snow days and enjoyed watching that again on Friday afternoon. If you haven't seen it, it's a charming French film about a girl who finds happiness herself while trying to arrange it for others. Dan was working from home again so I didn't have access to the computer. I took these pictures on Saturday morning. I think the icicles are pretty. We are going out soon to shovel and blow some snow. The snow blower is running at 50% but at least it works. We'll have to get it fixed this spring. Then we are heading to Alex to check out the Home & Garden Show. We're meeting my mom and Ann there. No definite plans after that we'll see what happens. I've enjoyed our snow days but it will be kind of nice to get out of the house. It would be a lot of fun to have a snowmobile today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy all of your pictures and your comments. We spent the 2 days shoveling.THen we had a good Samaritan come buy with wuth his blower and blows out. Steve Foster our neighbor shoveled our drive. It paid to take care of his dog.We haad Dale over for chicken and noodle soup last night. Lollie made 9 batches of noodles during the blizzard.I put new shelf paper on my cupboards. It was good to get back to school today. Darlene