Monday, September 24, 2007

Thrift Store Finds

This Corning Ware teapot is in mint condition-holds 6 cups and was 2.99. I love the fall harvest print. Dan and I like to drink more tea in the fall and winter and it's much better than the old teapot which was actually a coffeepot. What year do you think this is 1980, earlier?
This Pyrex dish is Shari's if she is interested. It was only 50 cents at a Morris garage sale. A nice fall floral print I think!
The poppy floral tray was 69 cents. I have a thing for floral tin trays and usually red or black catches my eye. I LOVE this one in yellow and the warm poppies really pop! It came from the Morris Salvation Army and so did the big 3 wick candle for $2, still a lot of life left in it and it smells great. I have two of these locker baskets. I paid 10 for one at a vintage sale but this one was only $3 at an antique store in Osakis.

6 comments:

jen said...

I like your thrift store finds, Laurie. The pyrex dish looks like the same pattern of dishes mom and dad had:)

Anonymous said...

The teapot looks like one we got for a wedding gift(1977) except ours has a blue flower pattern on it. They are really nice to use. I've got to dig mine out.

Anonymous said...

I just looked up the tea pot on ebay. It is a pattern called "Spice of Life." You got a good deal. People are bidding on these and paying over $7 plus shipping. I think it looks like a 70s item. It's pretty.

I like the little pyrex casserole - I believe the pattern is called "Golden Blossom." I studied pyrex this summer. It's from the 70s. I like the old stuff a lot better than the items they sell now.

Laurie said...

Shari you are the 70's queen! Thanks for all the information. I used the teapot when I got home from school today. So are you interested in the Pyrex? I thought of you when I picked it up.

Anonymous said...

We the bowl set for wedding gifts when we got married in 1980. The teapot is from the early 70s.

Anonymous said...

This website will tell you anything you need to know about old Pyrex. http://dragonfire1.50megs.com/Pyrex/Pyrex.htm
It's kind of fun to look through it.

I was close on the name of the pattern - it's Butterfly Gold. That site says it's a 60s-70s pattern. It's pretty and yes, I'd be glad to take it off your hands! It would look nice in my yellow kitchen. Thanks!