Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My Favorite Campaign Sign

As I drove into town this morning, this sign made by one of my first graders, made my day!  I had to pull over and snap a picture. His mother told me that he was really getting into the election about a week ago.  He also made little Vote stickers for the entire class.    
Our school held a mock election and Obama got 104 votes, McCain got 98 so it was fairly tight.  Here our head custodian (who happens to be an amazing asset to our school) assists one of my students in her vote.  It was a fun day for the kids.   I had Tina Larson (Karla & Danny's daughter) in my classroom today as a job shadow and she will be back tomorrow.   She is a natural teacher from what I observed today.  It was wonderful having her, wish she could stay longer.  She snapped this picture for me.  I'll try to get one of her tomorrow.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Laurie, I saw Dan on TV last night, he walked behind Maury Glover as he was interviewing someone!

joni

Shari said...

That sign is adorable. Obama did very well at Keewatin Elementary - he carried 69% of the vote. Obama did even better in the city of Keewatin - he had 78% of the vote.

jen said...

At TZ, the votes were 141 for Obama and 7 for McCain in the 3-5 grades. At Westside, Obama won 72% to 28%....