Sunday, November 23, 2008

Winter Decor/Crafts

I was using the red chair as a step ladder and plopped it back here instead.  This was a freebie from my cabin neighbor Becky-love it!  I like the way the fake paperwhites look on it (Target a couple years ago) and then I added the new Mittens I bought at Deans grocery store in Elbow.  Not what I went in for that day but one of the checkers (Mary) asked if I'd like to see the mittens her mom made.  Of course I did and there were only 2 pair left made from old sweaters so I bought this pair.  
These little clipboards are on sale at Duebers for 50 cents so I had fun altering them.  This one is for Betty who is a para in my classroom.   Shari suggested putting magnets on them so you can hang them on the fridge with to do notes or a photo and I will do that.  I may add some little buttons alongside the bottom of this one so it's not totally finished.  The material is the plastic coated stuff from Cath Kidston.  The glittery letters came from Duebers too.  They have a little end cap full of scrapbooking materials and get some cute items in for only $1.69, often on sale for 99cents!

2 comments:

the tattered nest said...

I love the paper whites! I was just looking at some bulbs this morning at Target...I should of bought them!

Anonymous said...

THOSE LOOK GREAT.Enjoyed Maxine also. see you Thurs.