Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I've been a bad blogger lately but have been busy cleaning and organizing around the house.  These are not my Christmas pictures but sometime this week I hope to take pictures of my own Christmas decor and post them.  I've been busy baking and have made date filled cookies for the first time ever. They're more work than I usually put into cookies but they made a big quantity and Dan and I both like them a lot.  Sometimes I have one for breakfast, do you think they qualify as breakfast food?  I also made the Fantasy Fudge on the marshmallow creme jar, Mexican wedding cake cookies and  super easy 3 ingredient truffles.  I will be gifting some of these items.  Next, on my cookie agenda is pecan tarts.  I think that will be it unless I make Peanut Blossoms which Dan loves.
We attended the Berkness Christmas party on Saturday evening and had a very nice time.  We spent a lot of time with the Tremls.  No pictures as I didn't bring my camera.  Today, we met Nancy at the hotel and traded some gifts that we will deliver to Cyrus for her.  They will be celebrating Christmas at Disney world this year with David's family.  We shopped at Costco with her and then we all headed home.  Got home close to 2 and spent a good share of the afternoon reading by the fire.  (A Year of Magical Thinking)
We drove through quite a bit of snow, but only had an inch or so at home.  Mom and Dad reported little snow as well.   Looks like more is headed our way tonight and especially towards the cities.  Be careful drivers out there!
Why do weekends go by so quickly?!

No comments: