Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Banners and Paint

Shelly ordered this banner to welcome Jimmer home, it came about 2 weeks after he got home but it doesn't matter.  It looks great on the deck and it can't be said enough-Thank you Jim!!!
I am only posting this picture because Dan will say it's the better picture of him and that's true.  What I'm really trying to show here is the new wall color in Jim and Shelly's formal living room.  I used a flash  and it totally washed out the color.  Look below to see a truer result.
This is much closer to the blue it actually is.  Very beautiful.  Nancy, I keep forgetting to tell you but Gary Kuehl's company painted the entire lower level of their house in 3 days a couple weeks ago.  They did a great job and Jim and Shelly are very happy.  Joni, you read my blog too so this will interest you as well.  Tell Gary everyone thought it looked fantastic-kind of like getting a new house.  Shari, you experienced the same feeling when you guys added color last winter so you know what I'm talking about.
Here's another photo of the Apple game. You can kind of tell that the back wall is a light beige.  Other accent walls are a deeper beige-I'd call it mocha.   
In the picture of Courtney at the piano in a previous post you can see the red in the formal dining room.  

3 comments:

Shari said...

After living with white walls for seven years we were amazed at the transformation of our house once we painted the entire thing. It was like our house was finally living up to its potential. I'm guessing that Jim & Shelley are having that same sort of feeling. It's like everything you own looks better too. I love the blue they chose in the living room.

We had someone come in and paint for us too. We just had so much to cover and knew that it would never get done unless we got some help. It was really fun to come home from work every day to see the results.

Shari said...

I meant to say that they banner looks great too. I'd have to imagine that when you were gone as long as Jim was you'd still be in the celebration two weeks later when the banner comes.

Jim, Laurie told us that everyone in your unit came home safely and that is just wonderful. We're proud of you too!

Danette Fettig Halloran said...

LOVE the banner. I am always moved to tears when I think about all the sacrfices our troops and their families make.

Laurie, do you know the name of the paint color in the dining room? I love it. Would it be a good color for a guest room? Please advise. I would appreciate your opinion.