Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bread!!!!

Ooops! Kind of doing this backwards, but here is the end result-oatmeal bread with butter and soon grape jelly-very good after a little run on the cross country skis. Yes, we finally got out on them.
My loaf was little flat on top due to the fact that my towel stuck while it was rising. Oh well, it still tasted good!
It's rising!!!!
My French baguettes ended up looking more like big fat breadsticks. We ate one right away with the dipping oil mix that Mom gave me a couple of weeks ago and that was good. We'll have more in just a few minutes with the Italian chicken/vegetable soup that is also Mom's recipe. I will try this bread again and only use two loaves and stick totally to the recipe. I changed some of the white bread to wheat and that was my problem. Next weekend I will try again or maybe this week if I am inspired.

1 comment:

Danette Fettig Halloran said...

You need to get the book "Artisian Bread in 5 minutes a day" Its whole wheat bread recipe is delicious and is staple in our home. The best we have ever had. Be sure to flour the top of your dough while it is rising, you can then "cut and slash" the top to and your towel won't stick.

We miss you guys and hope all is well!