Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The ugly side of tile

In my spare time I have been sealing grout lines. This photo was actually taken before the grout was in. So now that the grout has dried properly, I can paint all the grout with a tiny paintbrush. If I skip a line, the grout would absorb the stain and heaven forbid we would ever spill red wine, chocolate cake batter or spaghetti sauce into an unsealed spot-we would have that stain forever. So, it's kind of a pain and I do it for 20 mn here and there, thus I've been working on it for 5 days now. Two coats are recommended for areas that may receive water or cooking areas. I put three near the sink, just to be sure to avoid water damage, two above the stove area. Then I read it should be done yearly-yeah right. I'll be on top of that. I would much rather write about sealing grout than actually do it. :) Good night-off to watch my DVR'd Idol with my new wool blanket.

No comments: