Monday, February 8, 2010

Snow Day #2 2010

We have a LOT more snow than this picture shows. This is from a few years ago but the icicles
are almost exactly the same. We were supposed to have conferences in addition to school today but that was moved to Thursday. We are already 2 hours late tomorrow and I see that Minnewaska totally called school off tomorrow-wow! They must anticipate drifting as the snow should be over.
It's been a week since I posted, I've been cooking and baking a lot. We had the Andersons over for the Super Bowl and that was fun to see them again. Mom made it home from St. Marten and had a wonderful time with temps 85-90 everyday.
Today, I used my snow day to make biscotti, valentines for my class, read more in Loving Frank for book club, shoveled the walk and walked down to the point in almost waist high snow (that is a calorie burner!) and made Paula's roundsteak for dinner in the crock pot. Dan was working at home so I couldn't even waste time on the internet. We watched the HBO movie Temple Grandin this evening, it was great , starring Clare Danes. Thinking about inviting coworkers over to see it sometime. I heard Temple speak years ago in St. Paul about her autism and her work with cattle. Dan enjoyed the movie too. The Star Tribune gave it 4/4 stars.
Well, we will see if we have some school tomorrow-hope so, as it's hard to make too many up. Be careful out there.

No comments: