Monday, February 15, 2010

Stuff

The Westminster Dog show is tonight and I'm excited to watch it. Some years I miss it and am bummed but we have the DVR set up so it will record tonight and tomorrow. Someday we will get a dog, for now, cats work well with our working schedules.
Tomorrow our subway tile backsplash starts to go in! I can't wait to see how it looks. I should have an after picture for you by Thursday. If all goes well it will only take two days, Amber will be installing it herself with her dad's help. I predict that when my kitchen is complete, I will be transformed into a cooking machine. Wouldn't that be great?!

We had my parents, Warren, Ann and Andy over on Saturday night for Dan's birthday. I was not exactly a cooking machine as I burnt the glaze. Ann goes, "Something is really cooking in the kitchen!" It sure was! Anyway, the ham, potatoes, broccoli and everything else was just fine. Mom brought cous-cous salad, is that how it's spelled? It was very good and I plan to make it this summer. The recipe is in the new Trinity cookbook. We also have a lot of ham leftover, it was a spiral and Mom said that it's better not have a glaze on your leftovers anyway so it was a good thing I burnt that glaze. We are having scalloped potatoes and ham for dinner tonight. We had soup with ham last night and of course ham and cheese omelets for breakfast on Sunday. I love ham leftovers almost as much as turkey.

Today was a comp. day for conferences so I went to Alex and met Annette and Becky for lunch at DMB's. Very fun. Did a little thrift shopping and made some color copies of some very charming vintage bird cards and French labels for decorating bottles. It will be fun to do some crafting with them. Ann, I found the new thrift store and bought a top there. The thrift store downtown is not nearly as fun as Kvil's used to be. I hope they will reopen somewhere.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for having us over on Saturday night. Dinner was delicious even without the glaze! Yes, the new thrift store is not the same without Heather and Matt. I do like the one downtown now that they are getting more thrift in there. The one on Nokomis is good too. Please email or post the Honey Mustard dip for pretzels. Ann