Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Butterfly Crafting

I found this butterfly book at a library sale for $1. The illustrations are beautiful so I had some copies made. The image on the left is a copy that I plan to frame.
I had copies made of butterflies that I then cut out and placed on scrapbooking paper with script, added a few vintage stickers and that's it. The frames came from thrift stores and none cost more than 35 cents. I left the older looking frames alone, the rest I spray painted black. I don't try to cut out the antennae but draw them on the background paper instead with a black pen. It's been a fun and easy project to work on during these rainy dreary days.
Yesterday, Junior and I were looking at all the monarchs congregating down by his garden. We rescued one stuck in a spiderweb.

No comments: