Monday, August 27, 2007

Denial

Do workshops really start tomorrow? Yes, I'm afraid they do. In fact, I have an EA meeting at 7:30 so it's going to be an extra early start. It's not that I don't want to return to my classroom, it's just that it's hard to believe summer vacation is really over. I'm excited to have a new class of 4th graders. I think they're going to be a fun group. That's one of the best things about teaching, every year is unlike any other. Workshop days are not my favorite thing, too many meetings and interruptions when you're trying to get ready for Open House and the first week. We do have quite a bit of time to work in our rooms this week and supposedly have a good motivational speaker on Thursday so I will stop complaining. :)
I am not going to say good-bye to summer until the autumnal equinox. We still have a good month left of summer, right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The party is over in our house too. Paul went back today and I start tomorrow. Ellen is ready to go back and I've run out of ways to entertain Carly. It's time.

jen said...

We are in full back to school mode and routines at our house. Hard to believe we've already completed 12 days!

the tattered nest said...

what a busy time of year for you...take care of yourself! I hope we have a month of summer left...minus the hot weather!

Anonymous said...

I am not ready to go back either. I enjoyed this summer so much even when we got 7 inches of rain in one weekend.So far we have received 10 1/2 inches.My tomatoes have been in mud for a while. That doesn't help them. At least I am not canning.Cucumbers are not doing well either. So don't have to make pickles.