Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Rainy Days

This little guy is still at the Humane Society. His name is Tux and he is just a sweetie. If I didn't already have 100 cats I'd take him right home. Tuxedo cats have wonderful personalities. We've almost always had one, remember Lucky, Sam and Max? Sadly none of them were very long lived.
Last weekend we had baseball on the agenda but due to the rain we only got as far as St. Cloud before finding out that they did indeed come to their senses and cancel the 4pm game. So, we had lunch at the mall shopped at Scheels for awhile and went back home. I got these TEVA sandals on sale-love the colors and they're very comfy of course. On Sunday I started and later finished the book May Day that Ann sent home with me close to a year ago! Sorry it took so long Ann but you can finally have your book back. Like Ann said, it was fun to read about all Mn and Battle Lake places she mentions. She even wrote about Glendalough a couple of times which we visited for the first time this summer. The Native American history was interesting too. The mystery itself was a little strange but fairly entertaining.
Yesterday, Dan worked at home and I spent a few hours at school. You would have thought it was a real workshop day, there were so many people in working in their rooms. I guess that's the best place to be on a gray rainy day, at work. We all think that next week will be beautiful and sunny and it will be nice to be able to leave at 3:30 instead of staying into the evening hours preparing. That's my plan anyway.
Today, I am heading to Battle Lake for lunch and a little shopping with Annette, Becky & Shirley. We're going to Williams Company near Ottertail which is a great little shop I haven't been to this summer. I'd better get going as they will be here soon.

3 comments:

the tattered nest said...

cute sandals! and the rug beneath them? Pottery barn? I am looking for a new rug and I love yours!

Kim -today's creative blog said...

thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!
I love your butterfly items. You would love this vase I just bought.......for only $2. It's on one of the tables in the photos of my house.
Thanks again
Creative Blogs
Kim

Jen Kershner said...

Oh my gosh! He looks just like my kitty, Murray! What a cute fellow!