Friday, August 10, 2007

Pomme De Terre

I found this aerial view of Pomme De Terre and put a little red square where we live. This view faces the cabin and on the other side of the point would be our house. The part of the lake that has the golf course is off to the right and is not shown. Do you see that point at 3 o'clock? The cabin and the point are for sale for 1.4 million. Yeah, nobody's jumping on that one. Pomme De Terre Lake is actually just a wide part of the river, you can see the mouth at the bottom. Kind of interesting photo I think.
We have some big storm clouds coming in this evening and a little rumbling too. I don't expect that we will be getting any rain but you can always hope. The front of our yard that gets the most sun is totally yellow now. I kind of like a big thunderstorm with lots of lightening and having the candles ready just in case. It seems like a long time since we've had that happen.
Have a good weekend everyone! Stay tuned for some good Mn Arboretum pictures with Nancy and her family earlier this week. I have to download them, what a wonderful place. :)

2 comments:

the tattered nest said...

we had some nice rain come through last night...what a relief! actually getting tired of watering my flowers a couple times a day. Did you go to the arboretum? I love it there! we went this Spring and it was gorgeous!p.s. I can't believe the price of lake shore property...my family has a cabin near Brainerd that my Dad bought when I was 13...I can't believe what it is worth today!

Anonymous said...

Alexandria had a huge storm last night with winds at 75 MPH. There are trees down all over town. One of our big pine trees is uprooted but not totally down. So we'll have to call a tree service. Out of all of it we only got an inch of rain. We really need more! Ann