Wednesday, August 1, 2007

My favorite #4!

We all loved this place. Another on Le Homme Dieu. It was built in 2006 in a New Orleans style as the owners live there in the fall-spring. I met the owner, in her mid thirties, originally from Pipestone. Boy, can this gal decorate! She married a guy from New Orleans and her parents(from Alex) live in this house when they're down south. You wonder what these people do for a living? They decided to tear down the cottage and rebuild. They saved all the neat stuff and used it in the new house. It really feels like an old home inside. This was the house of many bedrooms, we lost count, 10 perhaps?! Many of the bedrooms had views like the ones below. You could open up the screens and have open air decks just like down south.
This room had 2 walls of screens. Isn't the chenille bedding pretty?
Here's another bedroom upstairs, only one long wall of screen windows here. This was one of my favorite bedrooms on the whole tour. I wish I could have taken pictures of the kitchen, great room,porch and master bedroom downstairs. This house really should be featured in a magazine, maybe it will be someday. I wish she had a decorating blog, she might, but I'd never know. One other cool thing...she collects state plates. I do too, for those of you who may not know.

No comments: